» Toyota cars for sale in USA » Land Cruiser » Land cruiser » 1987 Toyota Land Cruiser FJ60
1987 Toyota Land Cruiser FJ60
Technical specifications, photos and description:
|Engine:||3FE (Toyota Fuel Injected)|
|Options:||4-Wheel Drive, CD Player|
|Power Options:||Air Conditioning|
|Drive Side:||Left-hand drive|
|Number of Cylinders:||6|
|Transmission:||Toyota H55 Manual (5 speed)|
|:||“Great overall condition for 33 yr old truck. Engine, transmission, suspension extremely low mileage. Suspension, interior, and frame/chasis/body in very good shape. Body has two rust spots and some areas of faded paint, but no interior leaks, no rust on original floor boards, and garaged most all of last 10 years (Not driven in snow/salt/wet environments). Easy and ready daily driver for many years to come, or ready now for weekend rock crawling/hobby use, or minimal body/paint for show quality.”|
|Got questions?||Ask here!|
Do you like this Item?
1987 Toyota Land Cruiser FJ60 for saleCurrent customer rating: (0) based on 0 votes
Reluctantly selling my 1987 FJ60. bought the truck years ago from the family that owned it since the late 80s. They provided my with 2" binder with the original sales sticker and most all of the maintenance receipts and log history, including the parts and labor upgrades of the Toyota 3FE engine, Toyota H55 transmission, and Old Man Emu (Dakar) suspension. Will provide vehicle history and receipts, including all routine maintenance receipts that have for the past years to the buyer.
This Cruiser is turn key ready. Starts up strong every time no knocking, no smoking, no noticeable leaks, smooth transmission and 4x4, no known mechanical problems.
This is classic, low mileage (167k on the body/chasis; remanufactured, upgraded Toyota engine and transmission each have less than 40k) FJ60, with the key upgrades that many Cruiser enthusiasts would invest significant to maintain an authentic, but more capable Toyota Landcruiser whether for off-roading, daily city/highway driving, or both.
This is really fun truck to drive as am reminded every time get in it. Unfortunately, with new house, heavy workload and travel, and heavy family commitments, no longer have the garage space or time to store and drive her.
I try to provide as much detail as possible below, but please do not hesitate to call me with any additional questions before bidding.
- The Interior is in remarkable shape, particularly the upholstery. Driver and passenger seats were professionally reupholstered to match authentic backs. Minor wear to some of the carpet and plastic pieces (none significant or functional), but much less than most this age. The carpet in the cargo area floor board is more worn than any other part of the interior. Headliner looks great and has zero holes or sag. Interior shows the truck has been gently used and garaged most of lifetime.
- Chasis, frame, suspension (upgraded), and steering in great shape no major rust and no known issues. Old Man Emu/Dakar suspension with modest 1" lift and leaf springs greaseable shackles (upgrade to common original problem area) and front sway bar (another one of the very few original problem areas). Less than 10k on steering knuckles.
- Body is in very good structural shape. No wrecks and no major rust. Paint looks good and solid on sides and back, but slightly faded on hood. Wheel wells (except for minor area see pic), door panels, floor boards, and roof (except for minor area see pics) have little to no rust or damage. 3.5" rust spot along roof line started from water pooling at Yakima roof rack clamp on only that one side for some reason. However, removed the roof racks, annually treat the spot with rust retardant and have had body shop inspect it. The rust spot does not go through the body into the cabin (see interior and exterior pics). Body shop thought it might be $500 to 800, but recommended doing it when having the whole truck painted. Including roof racks with truck. Chrome trim and original glass in good condition. No cheap tint as the truck was garaged. The body does not require any attention and will last long time, but could be restored to show quality with very limited body and paint work.
- Mechanical condition is outstanding and ready for long, long time use. Condition and upgrades include:1) Previous owner professionally upgraded the original carbureted 2F engine to remanufactured Toyota 3FE (the Electronic Fuel Injection Landcruiser engine that Toyota upgraded for the FJ62 in 1988). If you are unfamiliar with the difference in the two engines and why many cruiser owners upgrade: "The3FE was introduced in 1985, but did not become available in the United Statesuntil 1988 (seamless bolt-in to FJ60s). Differences from the 2F engine include modified cylinder head toreduce warping and separation from inlet and exhaust manifolds, theintroduction of electronic fuel injection (EFI) ,a vastly improved emissions system and smaller displacement resulting from ashorter piston stroke. The displacement decreased from 4.2 liters to4 liters, but the engine power increased by 15 kw (20 hp) andtorque increased by 14 n? m (10 lb? ft). As result of thesechanges to the engine design the redline was increased, allowing wider powerband which made this engine far more suitablefor on-road travel." This truck's remanufactured Toyota engine has fewer than 40k miles and these engines routinely get 300k or more. Also, both the previous owner and have kept only AMSOIL full synthetic oil and filters. bulk purchase my AMSOIL products and have quarts and an unopened filter (see pic) that will include in the sale, as it is not quite due for an oil change.2) Professionally installed, upgraded and remanufactured Toyota H55 Transmission. Fewer than 40k, light use miles. Another key upgrade to the U.S. FJ60. Although Toyota sold the H55, 5-speed transmission in the FJ60 throughout the 1980s in most of the rest of the world, including Australia, it chose to only offer 4-speed for the FJ60 to the American market. Proven durable and reliable, Toyota's H55 "5-speed transmission is the perfect swap for FJ-40,45,55,60,62 series Land Cruisers. They have deep 1st gear forcrawling and are perfect for the highway with its 5th gear!" As this is my second FJ60, can attest to how much better the H55 overall, but especially on the highway. have driven the truck from Kansas to Virginia (twice) and on the interstate several times year and the 5th gear allows me to cruise at 75+ at much lower RPM and better gas mileage (although no FJ gets great gas mileage).3) Upgraded, after-market, powder-coated exhaust manifold and K&N performance air flow intake and exhaust (see pics). Not huge increase in performance, but does seem to help the old truck breath little better.
- Other details. Tread on the tires is good, but the tires are basic all-seasons and few years old. Locking hubs function and rims have some of the typical, minor surface rust, but in good shape overall. The small spring in the ignition switch needs broke few months ago, but have not gotten around to replacing it yet; does not cause any issues other than having to manually pull the key back 1/2 inch once the engine starts. New muffler this year, but one of the two catalytic converters may need replacement or adjustment as it is getting loud, or could be removed if your state allows. Heater works great, not sure about the current status of the AC as it ran out of freon while was stationed in Hawaii and never drove it with the windows up. Might just need charged and system check. Upgraded radiator. Replaced radio with CD and phone/device connection and speakers, but did not modify dash or doors, so can be returned to original.
I have the Title clean and clear.
Tagged and Titled in Kansas my Home of Record, but am active duty military currently stationed in Virginia, that is why the Cruiser is Virginia with me.
I have tried to describe this FJ with as much detail and openess as possible and will not intentionally omit or sugarcoat anything that know about, but of course with 33 yr old truck other ticks and issues can arise. If you have any specific areas you want to ask about or have me check please let me know before bidding and will do my best to get you an answer. However, once the auction ends the winning bidder must understand the vehicle is sold "as is" andwith no warranties, no returns, or no refunds.
Call me at 910-467-3972; ask for John. frequently do not have access to my phone throughout the day so please leave me voicemail with your Name and questions and will get back to you as soon as can.
Also published at eBay.com
Other Land Cruiser Toyota cars offered via internet auctions:
price US $3,550.001984 Toyota Land Cruiser Wagon
price US $6,900.001984 Toyota Land Cruiser
price US $36,900.001980 Toyota Land Cruiser BJ40
price US $15,800.001980 Toyota Land Cruiser LX